Results / Goals
Based on the above-mentioned activities proposed to be carried out we are sincerely
looking at achieving the following goals / results:
- Effectively reach out to the most vulnerable & affected community who have been
severely affected due to the Covid-19 pandemic and who are in dire need of food
for their daily living.
- Provide basic food and nutrition to the affected community, especially children
and women who are even more vulnerable during this situation.
- Distribute / supply / provide basic nutritious food package to every family
(550 families) that will sustain them for a period of three (03) weeks
- Sensitized & aware community after educating & creating awareness about
Covid-19 pandemic, its impact, appropriate safety, health & hygiene standards
to be maintained.
- Supporting lives of the most vulnerable community in Bangalore urban region.
- Food packages to be delivered to 550 families belonging to the lower most strata
of today’s urban society
- Improvement in health conditions due to supply of basic & nutritious food packages
to the affected community members.
- Sustain the lives of the community for three weeks during the lockdown period.
Indicators of Success:
- Better awareness among the community about the pandemic & its impact
- Consumption of good quality and nutritious food
- Improvement in health conditions (especially women & children)
- Sustenance of community for three weeks.
List of workers / labourers settlements in & around Bangalore urban region:
||No. of Families
||Hebbal – Nelamangala Road
||Whitefield – Hoskote Road
As mentioned in the table above these are the most vulnerable & severely affected community
dwelling in the areas mentioned amounting to a total of 550 families / households. Due to
rampant growth & development of Bangalore and unprecedented urban sprawl, these communities
shifted from their towns and villages and eventually ended up in the city in search of
employment opportunities. Since then these people have been living and working in various
parts of Bangalore urban region. And the extension of lockdown has just added to their woes.
Therefore, it is all the more important & necessary to reach out to this section of society in
this time of crisis and help them sail through this critical period. Thus, in view of such grave
situations, it becomes all the more important now, more than ever, to help & support this
community as they have absolutely no source of income in such difficult times.
Implementing Agency: Eco-Watch – Centre for Environment & Sustainable
Beneficiaries: The direct beneficiaries of this activity are 550 families /
households belonging to the most affected category of people such as those who are involved
in building construction, road laying, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and the like.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Set up a Programme Management Committee (PMC) to oversee activities at each and every
stage (This committee will include corporate volunteers/employees, Eco-Watch personnel
& concerned State Govt. officers)
- Regulated field visits to oversee the activity at regular intervals
along with PMC members
- Use digital platforms for communication to enable remote co-ordination between
all PMC members throughout the activity
- Video co-ordination & documentation during implementation & delivery of food packages.
- PMC will check & verify progress and future course of actions of project activities.