Urban Forestry Project
- Increase the green-cover of Bangalore city and its surroundings.
- Create healthy and sustainable Lung Spaces for the city by setting up an
Urban Forest by planting native and indigenous tree varieties.
- Create Carbon Sinks to mitigate air pollution and offset Carbon Footprint.
- Motivate organizations, individuals, companies and others towards becoming
as Carbon Neutral as possible.
- Set up Oxygen Reservoirs for Bangalore.
- Enhance groundwater quality and water table through increased rainwater
percolation into the ground.
- Enrich soil fertility and thereby increase food production around peri-urban
areas that were once rich in agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, etc.
- Support & sustain livelihoods of unskilled labour by employing them in
field-based activities that protect the environment and enrich natural resources.
- Educate and create awareness among youth and children about the need to protect
our environment and restore ecosystems for a sustainable future.